Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Chuck E. Cheese Disco Ball Moment


When I was like 9 or 10, I set out to earn enough Chuck E. Cheese tickets to get a disco ball. The disco ball cost about 4,000 tickets so it took a little over a year to save up. Every birthday party or special event I would only play the games that would produce (on average) the highest possible ticket return.

Finally, I got my disco ball. I don’t know exactly where it is right now (probably in my parent’s basement) but for years I kept it on a shelf in my room and would turn it on from time to time just to remind myself that I set out to do something and did it. Now that’s a good feeling.

Well, our EP is finally out (amazon.com… http://www.amazon.com/the-hardest-questions-ep/dp/B003JMTN8Q/).

Since last October, we’ve been biting at the bit to get this thing out to you guys and we’ve been dreaming about it l o n g before that. The culmination of about a year of developing, planning, and saving is finally about to pay off.

This EP is like a Chuck E. Cheese disco ball only on a much larger scale. We are proud of our hard work and very thankful that God has blessed us with this great opportunity.

So what about you? Is there a Chuck E. Cheese disco ball moment in your life? In my opinion, it’s ok to take pride in hard work so please share.

Andy
(The Corners)

4 comments:

  1. My new post is kind of like that... But if I had one disco ball moment it was when I saved up money to go to a Christian camp one year and then I was named camper of the week. I felt so proud of that moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this one! Well, I've got two. My first disco ball moment is when I finally bought a new camera. I know we shouldn't take pleasure in earthly possessions but photography is something I'm in love with and it helps me capture the beauty that God so generously surrounded us with. The other moment is one that will take place very, very soon. For the longest time I've wanted to sponsor a child and I finally found the money to do it. It is soooo exciting for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not easy to work for things. You should both be very proud of working hard for those things. Especially since both of your disco ball moments were so stinking honorable...show offs. haha j/k.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha~ Your moment is also honorable. You guys are aiming to make music for the Lord. You're using the gifts He has blessed you with and are being used as His instruments to spread His message. THAT'S honorable! =]

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?