Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Things Sought After and Still Waiting to Be Found

From time to time, I will come across a particular mindset in different people that fascinates me. Makes me think about myself and what’s going on inside of my own head.
I’ll try my best to describe this mindset to you…in just a second.
First, let me touch on why and how I've noticed it.

We are all living in a crazy world. If you want to find some evil, if you are looking for some spiritual darkness, you’re not going to have to look very hard. I’ll put it this way, if we could spend selfishness and pride like money, our economy would be flourishing.
I want to say this first because I do want you to know that I’m aware of it all.

Ok, so here’s the mindset I’ve noticed:
Some folks love to notice and pick out these negative qualities in the world. These are the people who only seem to see the bad, the negative, the evil.

My questions:
What about the good?
Did you miss it?
Well, of course you noticed the bad. It’s everywhere. Hard to miss, actually.

The challenge that I’d like to issue is this:
Acknowledge the bad, don’t ignore it,
but get past it. Look for the good. Look for God and His intentional presence in your world.
It’s not good to be lazy, and I just think that finding the darkness is too easy. Work hard and look for the Light. I promise you will find it.

"...Because the Darling of the universe speaks light to the one's who are willing to take off their shoes."

Andy
(The Corners)

4 comments:

  1. Andy
    Thanks so much for posting this! I'm so glad you wrote about this! You are so right! I try to look for the positive in everything because God has given me nothing I couldn't handle! The way of darkness is way easier than the way of Truth and I believe many Christians today are falling into this category! Great quote! Who wrote it?

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?